Day 1: House of Virgin Mary,Ephesus Ancient City and Temple of Artemis
Day 2: Hierapolis, Cotton Castle
Duration: 2 days
If you would like to visit the Terrace Houses (Slope Houses) where the richest Romans lived from 1th to 7th AD. It costs 15$ extra per person includes entrance fees and guiding service. Houses are considered today as a biggest puzzle of the world, and located on the Curetes Street among the ruins of Ephesus
Day 1 – House of Virgin Mary, Ephesus Ancient City and Temple of Artemis
Journey from the Turkish capital to the ancient city of Ephesus. Discover a rich history through Classical Greece and the Roman Empire, as well as its importance in the development of Christianity.
A representative will transfer you to Istanbul Ataturk Airport. After a short flight to Izmir (50min) you will be picked up by your guide at the Izmir airport. After you have been welcomed you will drive to the Ephesus to visit historical sites. Your first stop is House of the Virgin Mary a top the Solmissos Mountains, where it is believed Mary spent her last living days. Should you wish, guests are allowed to pray and light candles.
Then head to Ephesus, enjoying a downhill walk into the ruins of the once glorious Roman city. Explore sites of huge historical significance, including the Bouleuterion, Temple of Domitian, Hercules Gate, Temple of Hadrian, Library of Celsus, and the Great Theater.
After breaking for lunch, drive to the site of the Temple of Artemis – one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World before drive to Kusadasi where you overnight.
Day 2 – Hierapolis, Cotton Castle
After breakfast you’ll be driven to Hierapolis to visit one of the most beautiful ancient site in the world. You will have a unique experience in Hierapolis because you can enjoy with unique hot spring water of Hierapolis also you can visit an ancient city at the same time. Hierapolis have been used as a spa center since 2nd Century BC, many important people retiring or dying there. The biggest Necropolis of Anatolia is also there. In Hierapolis you will have another chance which is you can swim in ancient pool ( Pool of Cleopatra) around original colomns of Roman and Byzantine.After the tour you will transfer to Izmir Airport to take a flight back to Istanbul.
* Entrance fees
* Parking fees
* Professional English speaking guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
* Non-Smoking, air conditioned vehicle and professional driver
* Pick up and drop off
* Both way transfer in Istanbul
* Both way transfer in Izmir
* Domestic Flight Tickets (IST-ADB-IST)
* 1 Night 4 Stars hotel accommodation in Kusadasi (BB)
* Personal Spendings
* Any Drinks
* Tip to Guide and Driver
* You can add on your first day itinerary Basilica of St.JEAN or Sirince Village. (Extra)
* Izmir Airport to Ephesus 45 minutes drive
* Kusadasi to Izmir Airport 1 hour drive
* Kusadasi to Hierapolis 2,5 hours drive
* Hierapolis to Izmir Airport 3 hours drive
* Ephesus requires a long walk on uneven surfaces and some steps.
* Terrace Houses in Ephesus require take many steps
* Comfortable shoes and clothes,sun glasses,sun cream, a hat maybe umbrella and swim suit (for Hierapolis tour) are recommended
* To swim in Pool of Cleopatra is extra and you can buy your ticket from reception
* 0-6 years old children are free except domestic flight
Price: Please email us for a Quote.